Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's All About The Small Moments That Make Everything Worth It.

So you can call me crazy if you want but I have felt this baby move already!  I started feeling it move around 9 weeks.  It hasn't happened every day but if I do feel it, it's around the same time...11 pm at night.  That's the time I felt Kyla move around the most too when I was pregnant with her.  Anyway, I know people say that with the second pregnancy and others after, that you can feel the little one move a lot sooner but I had no idea it would be this soon!  You can tell me it was just hunger or gas if you want too, but I definitely know that what I've been feeling wasn't that. :) It's been so fun to feel life!

On another note, I've really been enjoying little things about life lately.  Just some of the littlest things Kyla does.  Take today for instance.  She was ready for her nap so we did our little story and song routine and I layed her down. Instead of instantly falling asleep, she played and talked in her crib for about 45 min.  She's done that before but never for that long.  I went in there and usually if I pick her up and rock with her for a min she'll go to sleep after I lay her in her bed again.  This time I just wanted to hold her and rock with her forever. I didn't ever want her to leave my arms or to grow up so quickly to be in this cruel yet wonderful world. So I picked her up and started rocking and she just started smiling and then laughing and giggling which made me smile, laugh and giggle too!  I knew from the moment of the first sound of  laughter that she would never be taking a nap today.  But I didn't care.  It was so fun to enjoy being with her and holding her.  One of these days, I'll never be able to do that because she'll be grown up.  After we settled down a minute, I put her back in her crib and she ended up falling asleep.  These are the moments when you just LOVE being a mom.  These are the moments when dealing with tantrums and dirty messes make everything so worth it!  These are the moments when all you want to do is thank Heavenly Father for being a mom and being blessed with such an amazing child.  These are the moments that you never want to forget.

 
Kyla just getting done making a huge mess eating cookie dough. These things are priceless!

5 comments:

Kerry and Brenda Denney said...

What a wonderful experience to share! Thanks, Amiee. Both of you are precious to us. Love ya. Mom.

Janelle & Brandon said...

I don't think you're crazy, I felt this baby start moving at around 12 weeks, but I didn't believe it at first either because I didn't feel Kolby move until I was 20 weeks, it's amazing how different your second pregnancy can be.

Unknown said...

I felt this baby at 15 weeks. I felt other stuff, but I just thought it was gas at the time.

I remember the first baby movement. I was in Kmart looking at the DS and Wii games. Ha! Kid has good taste!!

Leslie said...

Awesome Amiee...sounds like you are finding joy in the journey! And...of course you aren't crazy...of course you know you're feeling your baby move. I think it's awesome!!!

chelsea elizabeth said...

how sweet aimee! Kids have a way of melting their mother's hearts over and over again! Congrats on your little one on the way!