My fabulous daughter Kyla loves Barney. She is literally glued to the TV whenever we put it on for her. Now I know what you're all thinking...She watches TV at age ONE?! I know there's a lot of controversy about this seeing that many experts say that you shouldn't let your kids watch TV until they're 2; however, Kyla has always loved the TV and we limit her cartoon or Barney show watching anyway. We usually only let her watch Barney if a) she wakes up extremely early, won't go to sleep and both parents are overly exausted, b) when we get ready for the day, or c) when she is extremely fussy because of the weaning process or other occasions. And we don't let her watch it everyday if we can help it. Bad parent or not...it works for us, for her and she learns from the show which is better than just being a zombie. She has learned how to dance and do some of the motions among other things.
Yesterday while at the Idaho Falls Target, I found Barney slippers on sale for only $2.00! I just couldn't resist and Kyla absolutely LOVES them.
Here are a few pictures we took.

Kyla in her lovely Princess Chair watching Barney

The Barney Slippers!


Here are a few more:

This is what happens if I leave her alone for 2 min...she reads the Ensign! She always points out Jesus and the Temple and says them whenever she sees it.

Kyla recently has folded her arms before prayer. She always is so good and quiet during the prayer and says "amen" at the end.

This is how she slept during one of her naps recently. All hands and legs through the bars!
1 comment:
She is so cute I just had to read outloud all of her vocabulary for Shem! :) We both laughed. I think it's ok for her to watch a little Barney, even if she isn't 2 yet. Who cares what the great "they" says, "they" change their opinions every couple of weeks anyway. :) I don't like TV very much, but sometimes, even now, it distracts Stella for a few minutes at least. She's teething so i will take distraction in any form I can get!!
Post a Comment