Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Temple Dedication

Sunday, February 10th, 2008 was the Rexburg Idaho Temple Dedication. It was beautiful and wonderful. We found out a couple weeks ago that we had the wonderful opportunity to be in the temple during the dedication and we have felt humble, greatful and blessed for the marvelous opportunity ever since. We were able to be in one of the sealing rooms while watching the event on TV screens. Pres. Monson dedicated the temple and was present for the first two sessions (there were 4 sessions total) and left after that. We attended the 4th and final session so he wasn't present in our session but the Spirit was still there and it was still a wonderful occasion. Elder Nelson and Elder Bednar from the twelve along with Elder Costa from the 70 were there and they all spoke. Pres. Clark (president of BYU-Idaho), Sis Bednar, 1st Presideny's Secretary, the person who oversees all the temples, and the temple presidents counselor and matron's assistant all spoke. At the conclusion of the dedication we all sang the Spirit of God and I was touched so deeply and felt the Spirit so strongly. I know that the Rexburg Temple along with every other dedicated temple out there in the world is the Lord's house and that he can and has come to His home. I hope my life and my home can be as pure as it can be so the Savior would be able to enter into my home without any hesitation is my goal. In the words of Elder Bednar in his talk for the dedication: "I love to see the temple, I'm going there now!" I love this Gospel and I know that it is true!



1 comment:

marcie said...

Amiee,
Hey! I saw a comment on Amy's page and I thought I'd pop on over to check your blog out. Your daughter is beautiful, and it's good to see your family doing well. I hope you won't mind if I post a link to your blog on mine. Here is a link to mine, if you'd like.
http://marcieandmike.blogspot.com/