Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Basking in the Sunlight

Sorry I haven't posted for awhile. Nothing too much is going on around here. We are enjoying the long awaited warm weather (although today is raining). We've been able to take walks, play in the park, feed the ducks,
have picnics, play with bubbles, and sit outside enjoying the warmth. My greatest joy is seeing Kyla learn and grow. As she learns and grows, so do I. I grow right along with her. The funnest part about being a mom is seeing her discover new things...even if she gets in trouble doing it. For instance, as we speak she just got into the food cupboard, pulled out the taco shells and starting eating the whole thing! She looked at me, bit the taco shell with a loud crunch and said..."Mmmmmm". How can you not smile and love being a mom after that? It's just a little thing, but those little things are the best parts about being a parent.

Anyway, here are some recent pictures.


Playing with bubbles. She looks scared of them in this picture but she loves it!


Riding a horse in the park.


Playing in the park.


Kyla trying to ignore the camera.


Getting in trouble. She likes drawing pictures with markers so when I wasn't looking she drew on her face! I still can't decide if it was accidental or not.


My friend Angie took these pictures of Kyla. She's a photography major and needed some people for her portfolio so this is a few that she took. She did a great job especially in catching Kyla's personality! If you want to see a bigger picture of it you can just click on it.







6 comments:

The Graffs said...

Kyla is looking like such a big girl! She's adorable! I miss you!

Janelle & Brandon said...

Kyla's pictures are adorable, it was really fun seeing you both yesterday!

A little Birdie... said...

Very cute pictures! What a fun little girl!

Rick and Jenny Runyan said...

Looks like you've been having fun! I agree, it is the best thing to witness as they learn and discover new things, I love it! Cute pics!

Jeff, Traci and Kaden said...

The bubbles picture is SO cute!! Kyla is adorable!

Miriam Lusk said...

Cute photos! Kyla is so adorable..