Saturday, May 31, 2008

New Haircut

I was planning on growing my hair out but I was just getting so sick of it! Ever since my hair has been short, I've loved it. I feel more confident, pretty and just all around better about myself. So yesterday I went and got it cut to be short again! I definitely feel SOOOO much better and happier....not that I wasn't happy before, but you get my point I hope. :) Be honest and let me know which cut YOU like better. Long or short?! Here is the before and after pictures.

BEFORE


AFTER


The best news of the day; however, is Hyrum got a job!!!!!!!! He was applying for places relating to his computer science major trying to find programming opportunities. In Rexburg, it was pretty hard being a small town, but after 6 weeks of interviews, lots of praying, and the Lord guiding us, he got it! The company is called Yellowstone Hotel Systems and he'll be programming websites for small hotels around the country. It's in Rexburg so we don't have to move anywhere. We are so extremely grateful for this opportunity. Our testimonies have increased in many ways and our faith has been strengthened. Thanks for all of your prayers on our behalf!

11 comments:

Smithson Family said...

I love your new haircut, I came by yesterday to see it in hopes that Hyrum let you go through with it:) I can't wait to see it the way that you style it!

And congrats on the job Hyrum. I know that you have been in a lot of people's prayers, including ours. Hope it's what will help you get the most out of your applied education!

marcie said...

I'm actually partial to the longer cut, just because I'm partial to longer cuts, BUT, and this is a big but, I definately agree with what you said about feeling more confident and good about yourself. It truly shows in the picture that you're happier with your appearance in the after picture; you really just GLOW!!

So, with that in mind, I like the shorter cut for you because if you feel good about yourself, it radiates to the outside no matter what other people think :)

And, fyi, just because I'm more partial to longer cuts, doesn't mean I don't think the shorter one looks fabulous. I think it's a great cut for your facial features.

Ashley Webb said...

Congrats you guys! That is so cool!! I love the haircut - you're one of those girls that can pull off either one.

Rick and Jenny Runyan said...

I think you can pull off either one too- when I was talkling to you in RS yesterday I noticed something different and wanted to tell you your hair looked cute but I thought you just styled it differently. But now that I know it was an actual haircut, I wanted to tell you it looks really good!

Janelle & Brandon said...

I love your new hair cut! I have been debating myself whether or not to grow my hair out or get a fun new hair cut. Also congrats on Hyrum getting a job!

Clarissa Meegan said...

Wow. I love the new cut. In fact...I think that you may have inspired me to chop my own. Thanks for braving it first...we'll see if I can work up the guts to do the same :)

Clarissa Meegan said...

Oh and of course---Congrats Hyrum! And congrats on getting to stay in Rex...lucky ducks.

Ryan, Sheena, and Riley said...

Congrats for your family!! You hair is so cute!!

kmloose said...

I like it! I still have to get a good picture of me with bangs. I'll try to after I get them trimmed, they're already too long and in my eyes!

kelsey j said...

I love your haircut! i've already told you that, but I really do!

Leslie said...

I honestly think it looks good either way...and it's too hard to pick one, but I will say that you are so lucky to be able to pull off either length of hair. On most people only one or the other length looks good.

And of course I remember you, so I'm glad you stopped by my blog. I'll have to add you in to my sidebar sometime and keep checking in! Congrats to Hyrum on getting a job here in town. That's awesome!