Wednesday, March 4, 2009

New Stroller

Here's our most recent purchase:
 
 
A DOUBLE STROLLER


It's lightly used...we got it off the bulletin board at BYU-Idaho (thanks to my wonderful sis in law Heidi for finding it!)....but it was only $60 (originally the double strollers like this cost about $140), in almost perfect condition, and it fits in our extraordinarily small trunk...bairly! :)

I'm soooooo happy because I've been wanting a double stroller for a really long time and with this kind of deal (even though it's used), it makes all the waiting worth it!

Let me just go off and brag about my new purchase for a minute.  It has a lot of really cool features!

1. It has a convertible car seat adapter which means that even though my car seat is an Evenflo brand, it will still fit into this Eddy Bauer stroller....perfect!
 
2. The front seat can be facing either forward or backward, like toward the back seat....and you can completely remove the front seat if you don't need it....awesome!

3. The back seat has many different recline settings.  Example:  all the way back, 1/2 way, all the way forward, etc. and also the front seat can recline or sit straight up....extraordinary!

4. It has snack trays for each seat...heavenly!

5. You can remove almost everything and throw it in the wash....sweet!

6. It's so easy to maneuver and move around....although I must admit it's pretty heavy to lift and carry by itself but once it's being pushed on the ground, it's great!

7. It seems to be very comfy.....amazing!

8. It has a 3 lock harness for extra safety...a relief for a paranoid mom!

9. The storage space underneath is huge and will definitely hold multiple toys, diaper bags, coats, snacks, and all the necessities of having 2 kids....incredible!

10. It has a drink and snack tray for Mom as well as pockets to store her things in without having to worry about bringing a purse...super!

Maybe I just love it so much because we had a very used/old stroller for Kyla that didn't have ANY of these things...except for the seat reclining all the way back.  So I must say, we have quite the upgrade and it's been exactly what I've been looking for.

Here's to Tayven being born in the Spring and getting to take walks at the park everyday with 2 kids in the summer!  YAY!!  Now...if only it'll warm up a bit...

5 comments:

kelsey j said...

AMY! how r ya? we should go for a walk and catch up sometime. I love the double stroller! I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left- crazy!

Mare said...

Congrats on the stroller it is almost the exact same one we have. It isn't a fancy 500 dollar jogging stroller but I LOVE IT! It really is easy to get around in since it is thin. Plus it folds up easy!

Grammy Leigh Ann said...

Sounds like a luxury car..but its a stroller. You will use it many times. Kyla will love being in the front. Can't wait to use it when I'm there in May. Love you all. mom

Janelle & Brandon said...

How fun! Buying a double stroller is something I have been wanting for a long time too! but I haven't been able to part with the money for one yet, good job, finding such a good deal!

Eric and Heidi-Evalyn Kowallis said...

Yeah! That is so cool that is has all those fun features! Yeah Amiee!
Hope we can go on lots of walks this summer with our new strollers!

Love Heidi