Thursday, January 31, 2008

Many Words

Kyla's Vocabulary (the way she says it and what it translates to):

40+ words at age 1!

Dada--Dad
Dida--Mom
Ba--Ball
Jeess--Jesus
Bempa--Temple
meh--Amen
babu--drink
nana--banana or some food
dots--socks
shoe--shoes
biper--diaper
dates--thanks
dawdees--strawberries
paday--patty cake
ehh--bleh or yuck
brr--brr or snow
baa--baa (the lamb sound)
mmmm--for cow sound and for yummie food
ba--bath
ma(with short a sound)--meow
didi--I did it!
mm?--asking a question like "Can you read this to me?"
Bbb--Barney
nigh nigh--night night
buh--book
dis--this
bada--birthday cake
bapoe--apple
eh eh--bark bark, quack quack, or anytime she sees an animal
baby--baby
ooom--car
deedza--pizza
bubba--bubbles
Sss--Sissy(we call Hyrum's younger sister Sissy)
ches??--chair
tssss--cheese
pree--pretty
tee--teeth or toothbrush
bear--(with out the r sound) bear
sh--fish, but mostly she just tries to make the fish face
danta--Santa
bebuh--bellybutton
teh--toy
all done--she doesn't say all done but just puts her hands facing up and to the side. I guess that counts for a sign language word doesn't it?

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Aimee! It's a small blogging world! Abby is 18 months and our second is due at the end of April! Time sure does fly. So are ya'll in Rexburg? Kyla is super cute! And I'm all for TV watching to regain some sanity. Unfortunately, Abby will watch it for about 10 minutes and then she comes to find me!

Clarissa Meegan said...

Hey Aimee! Thanks for getting in touch! Isn't this blogging thing the best for that? It was so fun to hear a little bit about you, see your little girl and see what you are up to! Keep the posts coming!

Harper said...

Hi, Amiee:

We are making our blog "invite-only", so will you please email me so I can invite you?

I'll need the email address you use to sign in to Blogger.

Thanks!

~ Terrah :)

terrah.indiana@gmail.com

Charlotte said...

What a smart girl. Sam says "mmm" if he wants something, "mum" when he's mad at me, and he signs when he's done eating and points to things he wants. But that's it. Verbal communication is still eluding us...

Kyla will be gabbing about shoes and boyfriends before you know it :0).

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm glad that you found me too, and it's nice to see your little girl! Jake says hi to Hyrum! We'll be in touch.

The Comin Family said...

Aimee! You posted a comment on my blog and I was so excited to see what was up with you and I couldn't find your blgos for days! I was frantically snooping on everyone's blog (that sounds creepy I know, but I'm really not!) to find you and I finally found you on Janalyn's! So to answer your question, of course I remember you! And your little Kyla is so cute! I'm so glad we got in touch! Keep the posts coming! I love looking at your little girl! -Danie