Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ewww....Sick!

Kyla was really sick for a couple days this week. Now by sick I mean throwing up and everything. We didn't think she had the flu because for awhile she was her normal self but then threw up everything she ate. She got worse as it went and was up all night throwing up every couple hours (sorry if this is all to gruesome for you!) Being first parents, Hyrum and I were scared because we had no idea what to do with a really sick kid! We were mostly worried about keeping her hydrated but it was hard since she wouldn't eat or drink anything at all...not even Popsicles! We took her to the doctor yesterday when she was not acting herself and they took some blood and found out that she had a minor bacterial infection (not the flu) but didn't know what it was from, how she caught it, or what could have happened. Since the infection wasn't too bad, the doctor didn't put her on any medications and said her body is fighting this on its own. To help the uneasy stomach though, they ended up giving her a shot of something to help keep her food down better. He said it would make her pretty sleepy all day. Right he was! She was pretty lethargic all day and slept for 5 hours straight. PLUS went to bed really early and slept 12 hours at night (waking up every now and then and once to throw up). Today she is a LOT better and is actually eating her favorite foods and keeping it down. Yay! She's slept a little more than usual today and hasn't eaten TOO much so she's not 100% back to normal but it's getting better. Hopefully tonight and tomorrow will be even a bigger improvement and she'll be completely herself in the morning.

I took these pictures of her when she was sleeping yesterday. She is so sweet.



7 comments:

The Graffs said...

Oh, Poor thing!! I hate it when babies get sick! Im so glad she is getting better. She looks so sweet sleeping!

Unknown said...

Sick babies are hard. And I'm beginning to wonder what kind of illnesses parents bring to church. My kids are healthy, then we go to church, and they are sick by the end of the week. I think you should let someone know about what happened. It can get really bad, you were lucky she didn't get worse. Our stake had to make an announcement not to bring sick kids to church b/c there was this huge break out of a really bad illness. Now, if our kids even have a runny nose, we won't take them to church.

Ryan, Sheena, and Riley said...

I HOPE SHE IS FEELING BETTER REAL SOON! sHE LOOKS LIKE A DARLING LITTLE ANGEL IN THESE PICTURES!

marcie said...

Doesn't your heart just ache to see her so sick? I always feel so bad for sick kids. I hope you're recovering as well; it is exhausting having an ill child.

Janelle & Brandon said...

oh, she is so sweet. I hope she is feeling better soon.

Charlotte said...

I hope Kyla gets feeling better soon... that sounds like nasty stuff. Doesn't it just break your heart to see her go through it? Beautiful pictures of her sleeping!

Miriam Lusk said...

Poor Baby! I am glad she is feeling better though. I think babies are the most angelic when they are sleeping. Somehow, no matter how rotten they were all day, if you watch them sleep for a while that night, it all washes aways.