Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Happy Half Birthday New Tradition

Today Kyla turned 18 months old.  I just can't believe it.  It has flown by!  I don't even remember what I've done or accomplished that's been significantly big or memorable except for getting to teach and learn from my beautiful Kyla.

We decided that since Kyla was born only 7 days after Christmas, that we were going to do something fun for her 1/2 b-day.  Being so young, she gets bored of her toys way too fast as any 1 1/2 year old does.  So instead of getting a ton of gifts for christmas and her birthday, we decided to split it up.  This is what we do:  We spend the same amount for her birthday each year regardless, but she gets most of her b-day presents on her 1/2 birthday.  On her real birthday, she gets the rest of the gifts (probably one or two) and the gifts from her grandparents and friends.  Plus we will have a b-day party with cake.  With that being said, some of you might think, "Wow...she is going to be really spoiled."  But since I'm sure her younger brothers and sisters might want to do that too, we'll possibly do it for them also and make it a family tradition.  So, I guess all of the kids can be spoiled. :)  (By the way, all of these gifts except for 1 were bought at the dollar store or DI so I guess she's not too spoiled.) When they get older, we will let them choose whether or not they want gifts on their 1/2 b-day or wait to get all of them on their actual b-day.   So what does everyone think of that?!  Opinions are welcomed, good or bad!   HAPPY 1/2 BIRTHDAY KYLA!!

4 comments:

Rick and Jenny Runyan said...

Sounds like a fun tradition for all involved! I need to go DI hunting with you cuz it looks like you guys got some good stuff!

Rach said...

We did that for me when I was little cause my b-day is in Feb and birthday parties are way better when its outside in the summer! I think we might do that for Lily too...shes got her b-day a month and a day after x-mas.

Janelle & Brandon said...

I think that it is a way fun idea, my birthday is in December so that meant I never got the fun new summer toys for my birthday, so a half birthday would work great for buying her all the fun summer stuff!

Kerry and Brenda Denney said...

I think it sounds fun, but Grandma and Grandpa wished they were invited to see her open and enjoy her gifts :)!!