Thursday, August 7, 2008

Family Night and Silly Faces

Monday for Family Night we went by the Rexburg Temple and sat on the grounds to have a lesson and eat ice cream.  It was very fun!  Kyla loved looking at the angel Moroni on top and kept saying, "bempo" (temple) and "nonee, noni, momomee" (any of those words she says for Moroni).  Afterwards we took a walk around the beautiful place and got a few pictures.



This is what happens when Kyla and I are stuck at home without a car or anywhere to go the whole day! :) (I know these pictures are bad.  We took them in the bathroom with bad light and I took them myself.  It was quite difficult with a squirmy one.)

 
Recently Kyla has been loving the shower.  She has always loved her baths, but now she wants to take a shower all the time.  So this is what happens when we let her.

Funny story: Hyrum was helping Kyla with her "shower" by handing her the shower head.  She held on to it and then like she needed her privacy and wanted to be modest or something, she closed the shower curtain!  It was the funniest thing ever.  I guess it's never too young to teach a girl modesty even in front of her dad. :)

5 comments:

marcie said...

I say whatever keeps you sane goes! It's becoming a personal motto of mine. Cute pics!

Janelle & Brandon said...

How funny! Kolby likes it when we give him showers with our removable shower head too, but he definitely doesn't have the modesty thing down yet.

Ashley said...

That's way cute!! Good job for her/... and for you teaching her!!!

Rick and Jenny Runyan said...

What a fun FHE! I knew Kyla was a smart girl, but knowing Moroni is definitely a step above the rest. And us moms do anything we can to make a day at home fun-I'll have to use your idea some day.

Charlotte said...

I wonder how Sam would do in the shower... he won't sit down in the bathtub. Very cute picture, by the way!