Here's Kyla being a really cute lion, although she kept smearing her makeup and had black all over her face by the end of the night. :)
Hyrum and I aren't really into the whole dressing up thing for Halloween (we think it's fun for kids and getting Kyla ready, but not for us) but we decided to pull something together last minute for our ward party.
*This picture is awesome because Kyla's giving us a "who are you?" look. She knew it was mom and dad and actually laughed at me while I was putting on the makeup and wig but I think she was still a little worried.
What do you think...scary huh? We were pretty ugly hard core rockers. It's the last thing anyone expected from us...although no one knows how wild we really are! :) Okay, maybe not that wild, but we're pretty crazy nonetheless!Here's how the day went. In the morning I took Kyla to the public library where they had a Halloween story and singing time and then the kids got some certificates, candy, stickers and coloring pages. It was fun and Kyla's favorite part was seeing a kid dressed up as Buzz Lightyear...her favorite hero as of now! Afterwards, Hyrum's sister Heidi and I went to surprise my mother in law at work. She's a 3rd grade teacher so we got to meet her class. There was even another Kyla there so it was fun to meet her. After that I took Kyla to Walgreens where they were having a free photo shoot. We get a free 5X7 photo of Kyla in her costume. I haven't picked it up yet but I'm hoping it turned out alright seeing as she didn't even crack a smile. haha. At least she was still cute! We had a ward Halloween Party that was really fun and then took Kyla to see all the grandparents and do some trick or treating. She LOVED it! She would say "Tick o Fweet" and then say "Dank you" so it was fun to see her get the hang of how it all worked. She got a pretty big stash of candy and ate way too much of it before bed...oh well, that's what Halloween is for right?! After Kyla was in bed, we invited some friends over and watched Monster House until midnight then were exausted and went to bed. It was such a busy, but fun day. We definitiely enjoyed it though! Hope everyone had a very Happy Halloween!
10 comments:
Cory told me all about your costumes when I got home! Wish I could have been there to see them because they "rocked!"
That's really funny!! I never would have expected that from ya!! ;) looks good though! I have to ask where you got all the temp tattoos? That sets the look for sure!!! ;)
Ok, so at least KYLA was cute!! (smile - lol) The highlight of my day was being surprised at school. Thanks SO much for taking the time.
oh my goodness! i love your costumes. it's hilarious. rock on! :)
I especially love the Hyrum's tatoos... you guys pull off the rocker look very well!
Love the costumes! You guys are so fun!
Wow, you guys look so awesome! Rock on! :D
haha I love your costumes, they aregreat! And Kyla is a super cute Lion! I miss you guys!!
You are Hyrum make the scariest rockers I have ever seen! ;)
Kyla is so cute in her costume. What a cutie!!!
Those costumes are great! We did a similar thing for our ward party.
Kyla looks so cute! Happy Halloween! :)
Post a Comment