Sunday, November 9, 2008

Primary Program

I forgot to get a picture of Kyla in her beautiful princess dress (as she calls it) today.  She wanted to wear it today because she was in her very first Primary Program for church!  For those of you who don't know what I'm even talking about, it's where the children of the ward get up in front of everyone and say a line that they were given a couple weeks previously (about Jesus, church, etc) and sing songs.  Since we are in a married student ward we mostly have nursery age primary children (ages 18 months-3 yrs) in the ward as well as babies and the stake still wants the young ones to be in a program.  Watching primary children are always so cute and so sweet; it seems to always touch my heart and always brings tears to my eyes.  Anyway, since Kyla is only 22 months like most of the kids in our ward, (we only have about 5 children that are primary age) they have the parents come up and help sing with them.  Hyrum and I both went up and helped Kyla sing 3 songs.  It is so fun to see her grow up and interact with other children around her. She has been becoming less shy around other people she doesn't know since she has been getting used to Nursery.  She knows most of the words to I Am A Child of God and did so well singing it with the other kids although she sang it really quiet.  In fact, she has been singing this song around the house for a couple weeks now.  She'll just be playing with her toys and start singing, "I am a child of God and he has sent me here..." like 10 times in a row.  Kyla truly strengthens my testimony of the Gospel with those words alone.  How true it is that we are ALL children of God and I hope that Kyla can come to learn how true those words are and know for herself that she is a very special daughter and child of God.

I am a child of God,
And he has sent me here,
Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind and dear.

Chorus
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday

I am a child of God,
And so my needs are great;
Help me to understand his words
Before it grows too late.

Chorus

I am a child of God.
Rich blessings are in store;
If I but learn to do his will
I'll live with him once more.

Chorus

4 comments:

Ryan, Sheena, and Riley said...

so sweet!

Ashley said...

aww that's awesome!! Lizzy likes to sing as well, she will just start singing a few songs through out the day.. LIke Popcorn popping :) Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.. and twinkle little star.. ok i know that's not a primary song but it's funny to hear her sing it!!!

WE too had our primary program yesterday.. but it was only the primary. That's cool that Kyla was able to be in it since you are in a student married ward.. that's good practice for her!! :)

Kerry and Brenda Denney said...

I knew I should have gone! Now I'm regretting it :). Glad to hear that you got to sing with Kyla. Hope you take a picture of her princess dress soon. It is fun to watch her grow up into such a wonderful little girl.

Harper said...

What a great post, Amiee! Kyla is sure a beautiful, special and loved princess! :)