I have been asking Hyrum for a real Christmas tree this year since last Christmas! All we have right now is a 3 foot fake tree which is all good and fine but I never felt like it was REALLY Christmas because it wasn't even a normal sized tree. To make a long story short, Hyrum said we could get a real tree this year! People said that it would cost about $40 so that's what we were expecting but when we got ours, we got it for only $23! So we were quite excited about that. Hyrum went to pick up the tree during Kyla's nap and she woke up as he was bringing it up. We set it all up and decorated it while listening to Christmas music and now it feels like Christmas! Growing up, we had a fake tree (although I do remember sometimes when I was younger we got real trees) and I missed the smell of pine. Everytime I walk into our apartment now, the scent of Christmas pine is all around and I love it! Even though there is no snow on the ground yet in Rexburg, it feels more like Christmas and the more excited I get! For Family Night last night we made sugar cookies and I've been wanting to make peanut brittle...both fabulous Christmas goodies. Here are some pictures of us decorating!
Kyla and Hyrum putting the angel on top of the tree
Kyla and I putting decorations on the tree.
Our fully decorated tree
In other news, I went to the dentist last week and found out I had 3 cavities which I thought was pretty good for not being at the dentist for almost 4 years. Plus being pregnant twice does a lot to your teeth! Yesterday I had the cavities taken care of. The dentist didn't give me any medication for 2 of the cavities and I didn't feel a thing so that was kinda crazy. The last one he did was painful so he gave me some novacain right when I said it was hurting. I never thought that I would ever get a cavity taken care of with out medication...I guess never say never! I must say I feel much better now about having my teeth cleaned and all the cavities taken care of. Now if only I can be brave enough to set up a time to get my wisdom teeth out before they start bothering me.....
5 comments:
Cute photos! Cute tree! Fun memories!
That's so fun you were able to get a real tree-definitely makes it feel and look more like Christmas! We've never had a tree our whole marriage, so this year we started out with the fake 3 foot tree-even though it's kinda wimpy, it still adds a holiday touch....
I love the tree and oh man is your daughter darling! How is the pregnancy treating you? How far along are you now? You, Heidi, and me should get together and have some girl time.
I really need to go see a dentist. It's been at least 5 years for me since I've been. ^_^
Notes to self: go to the dentist and take cute pictures while decorating the tree this year.
Post a Comment