Kyla had her usual 6 month pediatric dential visit (We see Dr. Mauseth here in Rexburg and I highly reccommend him. He's amazing!) and of course she absolutely HATED it! The poor dental hygenist couldn't even get her to open her mouth or look inside. The dentist came and as he was looking in her mouth while she was screaming I was sitting there crying...completely embarrassed that I was doing such a thing! I've never cried when Kyla has received any medical attention including shots, wellness exams, strep throat test, etc. even though she cries her little heart out every time. I definitely blame it on the pregnancy hormones and I honestly felt completely mortified as I was sobbing. Luckily the dentist noticed and knew I was expecting and I told him so too so he wouldn't think I was a complete weirdo, but it still wasn't very fun. I knew Kyla was more than scared and uncomfortable and shy so I knew nothing was wrong except for that yet I still couldn't help myself!
Ugh....pregnancy in public + uncontrollable hormones=embarrassing!
Anyway, all is well with her teeth. Her last molars have already came in the bottom and she just needs both on the top which are almost through and then her teething experience will be over! I bet she's happy about that. :)
We did some other errands through out the day and after her afternoon nap I took her to the doctor to check on a bubble she's had on her wrist for a couple of weeks. I looked it up online and figured it was probably a ganglion cyst.I felt pretty smart because that's exactly what it is and I predicted exactly what the doctor would say/do to a T! He said to do nothing and it hopefully and eventually will go away on its own. It hasn't seemed to bother her but he said that if it starts to to bring her in and surgery may have to happen. We hope it won't come down to that because he said it was a little complicated surgery that'll have to be done by an orthopedic surgeon so it sounds pretty expensive. The only down side to not having the surgery I guess is that she'll have this bump on her wrist for who knows how long...months or even years until it goes away! Weird huh?
*This picture is pretty blurry. The colored spot is where you can see the effect of the cyst.*
The other debate we've been having is if we need to take her in to see the doctor yet again! A few days ago, yesterday and twice already this evening she cries out in pain pointing to her leg thigh as if it's hurting really bad. The first time it happened we thought maybe her leg fell asleep so didn't think much about it. Yesterday she was coloring with her legs folded underneath her when it happened. Today, she again was coloring with her legs folded underneath her when it occurred and then once again in the bath tub. I wonder if it's the way she's sitting that's causing her the pain she keeps saying she's having. She always points to the same spot and the same leg so I know she's not just pretending...and for the fact that she cries and wants to be snuggled and loved for about an hour or until it goes away. :) Anyway, guess we'll be taking her in again this week if it keeps happening. Lets just hope my emotions are under control this time! Now that this has become quite the story of our day (and believe me this is the short version...there was a few other events that happened today that I didn't mention), I am going to find something else to do in hopes that tomorrow will be a little less crazy! Wish us luck :)



2 comments:
Don't worry about the crying. I'm sure that dentist has seen and dealt with way worse than an overly hormonal pregnant mom of a screaming 2 year old!! If nothing else, I'd say major props for making it this long... I cried for 5 minutes out in the hallway at Ben's last appointment... and I'm NOT pregnant, haha!
I used to have a syst just like that on my finger and it went away after a few months and then it came back a few years later, but once again went away on its own. But my doctor said that I could put some pressure on it and it would help the process along.
Post a Comment