Friday, February 6, 2009

Kyla LOVES her Baby Brother!

 
 

Kyla has been so cute lately acknowledging her baby brother inside Mommy's tummy.  Here are some of the cute things she has been saying about him recently:

Just randomly through out the day she'll say, "I have a baby brother!!"
She was drawing a picture and I asked what it was and she said, "It's my baby brother."
She heard a knock at the door and I asked her, "Who is it?"  She replied by saying, "Baby Brother's coming!"
She said a prayer last night praying that "Baby brother will come soon."

In other "Baby" news, I have been having those unnecissary and uncomfortable kind of tighting of the uterine muscles lately....in other words, Braxton-Hicks or "fake" contractions.  They don't happen very often and they're not painful at all, just uncomfortable.  I seem to get them at least once a day and it's only for a minute or less.  This last week I have been getting about 2 or more a day and it's completly normal...even at 25 weeks so nobody freak out on me! :)  I just am expecting to get more uncomfortable as the weeks fly by and luckily I'm okay with that! It helps to know that there is a reason why all the uncomfortableness is happening and that reason makes everything worth it once we get to meet him and bring him home!

4 comments:

marcie said...

How sweet! That'll make the transition much smoother since she's excited about him coming :)

Charlotte said...

I had braxton hicks contractions starting around 18 weeks with Alivia...sometimes 5 or 6 times a day. No fun.

I'm glad Kyla's excited. I'm sure she'll be a big help once he's here! I love being able to ask Sam for a diaper or a burb rag, and he actually brings me what I need. :0)

Janelle & Brandon said...

That's so fun that she understands she is getting a baby brother, Kolby doesn't seem to get it quite yet.

Eric and Heidi-Evalyn Kowallis said...

That's so cute! I hope she adjusts well to having a sibling. If she or you ever need a break you can send her over our house. Aden is going to be more independent when Tayven comes so he will want to play with her more. He will probably even be crawling. We are so excited for you guys and can't wait to see the little fella!