1. It's very BUSY. If you like to multi-task, now is the time you'll be putting it to good use!
2. Laundry has more than doubled and never seems to be put away...ever. This causes stress because I can never find any clothes to wear for myself or the kids without having to dig through the pile to find something that matches.
3. It's a HUGE accomplishment if I can get completely ready for the day before noon...if at all!
4. While you're holding a baby, you have to figure out ways to entertain a very emotional and temperamental toddler (like I said...multi-task!).
5. While feeding a baby, you have to figure out ways to give hugs to the very emotional and temperamental toddler without her stepping on or trying to push the baby away.
6. If you step into the other room for just one second you have to make sure you keep checking up on both kids so the before mentioned toddler doesn't step on, drop or hurt the baby.
7. Dishes pile up in the sink and never get done unless you have no dishes to eat on anymore and it becomes a priority. However, once it does become a priority you have 2 crying kids that need something so you end up never getting them done anyway.
8. Even though you're extremely exhausted and sleep deprived, you still somehow manage to make it through the day in one piece without any time for naps.
9. Even though you are grouchy and emotional and are a little meaner than usual to your toddler, she still manages to help out, play by herself sometimes, laughs, gives hugs and says, "I love you."
10. Because of being sleep deprived and emotional...and just because once you have a kid you become spacey and completely out of it anyway, you forget the diaper bag when going out and have 2 screaming children. One who wants a snack or a drink and the other who wants a Binky, diaper change, new clothes, needs to be burped and needs a spit-up rag.
11. You still can manage to love 2 children even more than you ever thought was possible and who you think are perfect, beautiful, and amazing little angels through out everything else going on. The love you feel for your children surely makes everything worthwhile!
Now what am I going to do when there's 3 kids to take care of?!
There's so many more that could be added to this list so what are some truths that you would add?
**Just so you all know, being a mother of 2 children is awesome and amazing in so many ways! It's not as hard as I thought it would be, though it definitely poses new challenges and new ways of having to do things and think. Hyrum has been an amazing help and does the dishes, and cleans the house as well as help with both kids so I've had it pretty easy. This post is not meant to be negative or to make anyone scared to have more than one child! Its purpose was to show what hass been happening in my life in a somewhat humorous manner. :) **

9 comments:
Oh, so true! :)
Some how I trained my husband to do the dishes most nights. It is one of the things that he is able and willing to do. You'll have to get Hyrum on that. :)
I hear ya, Amy! Reading this brought back some of the exact same memories for me! Just know it DOES get easier! But I agree, it's pretty crazy the first few months. ;)
I've learned...
1- Every day gets a little easier.
2- The baby eventually becomes less fragile and therefore leaving two kids in the same room becomes less stressful.
3- The dishes will never be done again. Period.
4- The laundry will never be caught up again. Period.
5- Every mom forgets the diaper bag at some point. Screaming will not kill a child (though your sanity may take some time to recover).
6- You're doing an awesome job!
awww! amiee i wish i was there to help you! i bet you are still doing an amazing job!
Haha, I loved reading this. It's all so, so true. Just take everything a day at a time. It really does get easier or maybe you just get used to more insanity. It's fun to watch them grow together and it's so fun when they start to play and laugh together. Soon you'll wonder what you did all day when you just had one.
I like your little disclaimer at the end =) But don't worry, we know what you were getting at. Keep the truths coming, I need all the preparation I can get! It is good to know that amidst all the chaos and crying, there are the moments with both kids that make everything worth it....and that you are making it through this transition in one piece too!
I think grandma needs to come home soon so that I can rock, kiss, cuddle with, burp, and enjoy those babies... and ... maybe even do a few dishes or scrub a toilet or two :)! It will be sooner that we know.
He's here? it seems like that went by so fast! We are so happy for you. He looks a lot like Kyla. Looking at your pictures made me sooooo baby hungry. Somday I guess.
BTY how are you doing? Your post gave me a pretty good idea of how you are doin. :)
too true! One tip for you to help with the dishes: paper plates! I'll admit it... we eat on paper most nights. Costs more, but I figure it saves us money: makes for a cleaner kitchen so I'm less likely to order out!
Post a Comment