I forgot to post some pictures of Jenni's graduation (see 3rd previous post) so here is one in celebration of her big day!
Every year in Rexburg we have something very fun and unique that happens at the end of July. It's called the International Dance Festival. Countries from all over the world come and show us dances and how they dress from their culture. On Monday they had a street festival and parade. Some of the countries that came this year was France, China, Russia, Belgium, India, Mexico, and a few more. It's so neat to think that we are all the same across the world despite our languages and skin color. It makes me want to go travel the world and meet these people from other countries and learn more about their culture. It's so fascinating to me. Kyla loved it and was so excited to see the dancing and music.
Dancers from Belgium
Dancers from India
We went to the Idaho Falls Zoo today and had so much fun! Kyla loved looking at the animals,saying their names and making the sounds. She probably learned about 10 new animal names just today! Her favorite was either the snake or the monkey's. After the zoo we had a picnic at the park and played on the toys for a while. Kyla was exausted by the end of it all, but it was a very fun morning!
4 comments:
That's awesome you guys are having such a fun-filled summer! I want to take McKyla to the zoo, so it was nice getting a little sneak peak from your post! That's awesome she learned a bunch of new animals that day!
Hey Amy,
Yeah Tuesdays with Morrie was a made for TV movie that came out in 1999. I just rented it from the library. But I'd definitely recommend it! I'm sure the book is better though.
I'm so glad you found me!! Don't you just love the festival? It is such a neat thing! I love it.
I love your pictures! The one of Kyla at the parade where she is posing and the one of the egg are awesome! I'm glad you guys are having such an adventurous summer. And I know what you mean about Hyrum always serving someone every night. It was the same way with Luke when he had that calling.
Post a Comment