Monday, February 23, 2009

WARNING: Cute Pictures!


So our friend Mike had to take some pictures for a photography class he was in and they turned out way cute!  I did a little extra enhancing and editing and put our favorites in this slide show.  Hope you enjoy!


In other news, I am now 28 weeks along which puts me at the start of my 3rd trimester!!  I can not believe it!  I only have about 11 weeks left….yikes!  We’re so excited to meet Tayven yet so nervous for the stress of 2 kids!  Definitely more excited than nervous though.  Any advice from all you moms of multiples out there?  How did you handle life the first few weeks of having 2 kids?  Share anything!  I’m curious. :)


Random news about Kyla:  Kyla has been known to sing the ABC song quite frequently in the last few months and knows the whole song...correctly.  We’ve been working on recognizing letters recently so I did a little test with her the other day to see how many letters of the alphabet she actually knew/recognize by herself.  Here’s the results:  A, B, C, D, E, H, I, K, M, O, T, Z.  She almost knows the letters P (she calls it B), W (she says it’s an M), Q (She says it’s an O with a tail), S (she calls it a Z) and U (she says umbrella when she sees U…at least she knows U is for umbrella!).  As for recognition of numbers she knows 1 2 and 3!  Way to go Kyla!

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

Two kids: not so bad. Just don't throw in any other major life changes like sending your hubby away on an internship... I'm an idiot for that one.

For me, I was already in Mommy mode, so I just do the same things I've been doing- just a bit more often. Extra diapers, extra meals... this means less time for me, but it didn't flip my world upside down. Just rearranged it is all.

One thing I did before #2 came, that I think really helped, was I would ask myself in different situations (during Sam's bath, at the store, during Sam's tantrums, while cooking dinner, etc.) "If I had a screaming baby right now, how would I handle it?" (I did this all day, every day for weeks.)

It gave me a chance to think through different options at a non-stressful time, so now when those situations come up and it IS stressful (because there really is a screaming baby now) I already know what I'm going to do.

Hope that makes sense and it helpful!

Anonymous said...

Cute pics Aim!
Love Heidi

Michelle said...

I wish I would have thought more about how a second baby would change things, but I think I was too scared to! I'll admit, some days it's totally overwhelming for me, and other days I love having another little baby to cuddle (although she's growing up so fast!).

It's interesting how bringing home a new baby all just...works out. At the beginning (as you know) newborns sleep a lot. So that helps with the transition of introducing your first child to having a new baby around. Even though there's a new baby, they sleep a lot so you can still spend enough time with your first. (hope that made sense).

For me, I have definitely had ups and downs of being overwhelmed and then other days of having a handle on things. I agree with what Charlotte said though about just having more to do. Getting ready to go out takes twice as long and I find myself late to many things when I used to pride myself on being timely. I've gotten used to having 2 kiddos though, and it's gotten much easier as she's gotten older. Now they're starting to play together and have fun entertaining each other, which is super cute.

Another thing (not sure if you care!) that was hard for me was keeping my same close relationship with my oldest. At times I felt like we weren't as close and it REALLY bothered me. Turns out, relationships take work! ;) I really have to make a conscience effort to include her more often and make sure she's getting the attention she needs. But, just like the first child, you can't imagine what life would be like without the second one around!

Of course we're different people, so we all handle life differently. I'm sure you'll do great handling everything that comes your way!
(sorry for the long story!! I wanted all the advice I could get before baby #2.)

Harper said...

What a cutie! I honestly can't believe how quickly Kyla is growing up. I still vividly remember going up to see you and her in the hospital when she was a few hours old. Time sure flies! :)

megan said...

I didn't know you followed my blog but i am excited that you do. You probably guessed that i follow yours! Thanks for all the updates and congrats on your boy!

Kerry and Brenda Denney said...

What a wonderful photo shoot! Fun, cute family and fun, cute photos :)

For me, two wasn't very difficult but three - well, I needed another set of hands by then.

Advice: Call grandma :) lol love ya.