Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Alright so there have been a few things that have been happening recently.
One--Kyla is 9 months old and just got her first cold followed by an ear infection. Luckily it hasn't been very bad at all and we caught it really early. She's on antibiotics and is doing well. She crawls all over the place and gets into everything except for her toys. She's definitely curious so I try to use my imagination to help her explore and do new things. Any ideas would be great! She does so many cute things. We have this picture of Christ in our living room and one day she looked at it for awhile and smiled and was really happy. I told her that that was Jesus, although I'm sure she already knew. Well then I asked her later, "Kyla, where's Jesus?" She got a big grin on her face and looked directly at the picture. It's amazing how close children are to the Spirit. Just yesterday I bought a bunch of Jesus pictures and laminated them. I'm going to put a keyring on them and that'll be her reverent church book for now.
Two--Hyrum and I just got back from NYC! He had his expenses paid for by oreo because him and a bunch of his friends got together and submitted an oreo jingle for their jingle contest they were having. They made it to the Top 10, got voted by friends and family to be in the Top 5 and won $1000 and a free trip to NYC to compete for the $10,000 grand prize. Unfortunately, they didn't win, but it was still a great experience in and of itself. He took Kyla and I along with him (we paid our way of course) and were only in the hotel to sleep. We were constantly doing something. We got to take a ferry across the bay to Staten Island and on the way saw the statue of liberty, went to the National Museum of History, walked along Times Square and a bunch of other places, took the subway to different places, shopped, and so much more. Hyrum was nice enough to watch Kyla for a night at the hotel while I went to see the Broadway musical Les Miserables. It was so amazing. I sat in the 3rd row and saw their facial expressions and even saw them spit when they sang. :) It was incredible. There was nothing like it. We definitely had fun. The bad news about that trip is on our returning home, our flight was delayed, we missed our connecting flights, stayed the night in the airport, lost Hyrum's watch, jacket and my brand new NY sweater that I just bought, and drove in snow from SLC back to Rexburg. But it was still a great trip overall of course!
Three--My friend Bonnie is coming to visit me next week with her cute little baby Makella. I am so excited to see her and spend some quality time together. Hyrum has a lot of catching up to do with school since we were gone for 4 days in NY so he'll be extremely busy and I'll be lonely so it'll be so much fun to have her here.
Four--Sad news: My grandpa (Steve, my step-dad's dad) just died the other day. I never met him before but he was a great person. Our prayers are with Steve and the rest of the family for their loss.

Well that's about all that's been going on here. I'll do some more updates later.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Sounds like you had a great time in NYC (sorry about your sweater though!) Ideas for Kyla: Sam LOVES remote controls, especially ones that work :0), metal bowls from the kitchen, spatulas, and this toy: http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/414gh6vSKmL._SY202_SX170_.jpg

For $12 at Wal-mart it's been awesome to occupy his time while i work. Except when i trip on it in the middle of the night and sings "ABC" at the top of it's lungs (as if the toy has lungs)...

Kyla's a cutie pie. Good luck with the ear infection... no fun.