Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Birthday!

The end of the year is a busy time for us and seems to go by pretty fast. Hyrum's birthday was a couple weeks ago, mine was yesterday, then comes Thanksgiving shortly after, then it's Christmas, New Years Eve and Kyla's birthday!

I had a great birthday and Hyrum always does so well making me feel special and loved on my special day.  We did most of the celebrating on Saturday and had some family come over for some brownies, ice cream sandwiches and games.  Hyrum took me out to dinner earlier that evening to Olive Garden which was delicious!  We've only been there once or twice since we've been married and haven't ever been to the newly built Olive Garden in Idaho Falls together so it was a special treat.  We were so stuffed by the end that we both felt sick and didn't eat anything until the next morning.  It was great and even though you feel miserable being so full, it's totally worth it for the good food! :)  You know what I'm talking about right?....the same thing that happens during Thanksgiving...?  Yeah, it's fabulous!

On Sunday, my real birthday, we just relaxed and Hyrum's mom made dinner for us over at their place so that was nice!  Unfortunately, I was in pain 1/2 the day as I experienced sharp back pains anytime I moved or walked.  I think it was the sciatic nerve in my back being pinched or crowded or something.  Gotta love the joys of pregnancy.  Luckily, I feel much better today so hopefully it'll stay that way for awhile at least :)

Anyway, here are some pictures of my birthday and the amazing gifts Hyrum and Kyla got for me!  Thanks so much to everyone who made my day so spectacular!
Everyone who came for brownies,
                                ice cream and games                                    
This is a HUGE beautiful clock and an inside water fountain.  I've been wanting things to decorate my home and these add so much!  I cried when Hyrum surprised me with the wall clock.  :)  I also got a way cute purse, some gift cards, chocolate covered raisins (my fav!), scrapbook paper and a pattern and material to make my own cute handbag!  Plus you can't forget all the "Happy Birthday" facebook comments and phone calls to top it all off. Thanks again to everyone!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

OH how fun!! Sorry I missed telling you happy birthday, it sounds like it was a very fun day!!

Miriam Lusk said...

HAppy Birthday Aimee!

marcie said...

I know it's not a FACEBOOK comment or your ACTUAL birthday, but for what it's worth...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

p.s. that wall clock is really quite fabulous :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun! Olive Garden is amazing. :) We go as much as we can afford it. It's our favorite date. Especially the breadsticks!

I had problems with that very nerve when I was first pregnant. It got so bad I almost fell over every time I got up to walk. I had to hang on to something for support! Then I went to the chiropractor and he adjusted it and it went away completely. ;)

I LOVE the clock! I'm so jealous, I love big clocks and stuff like that. Have you been to Real Deals? They have awesome home decor stuff for great prices. You should check it out.

Glad you had a great birthday! ^_^

Janelle & Brandon said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a fun day, I hope your back starts feeling better.

Kerry and Brenda Denney said...

Amiee - we gotta add the cute part about Kyla blabbing your gift :) so I'll add the story to my blog. Fun days!

Rick and Jenny Runyan said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday! You deserve it-and I'm excited to see your newly decorated apartment with those gifts!