What, you ask? Potty Training!! We started sometime yesterday and have taken a casual yet frequent approach to it and it's been pretty successful I must say. I'm sure the worst is yet to come but it definitely hasn't been as bad YET as I assumed it woud. Some people can potty train their kids in 1-4 days but I think we're going to try to do it a little more relaxed and try to have it accomplished in a couple weeks...whether that means sooner or later, we'll just have to see.
We've started where we have a potty time schedule where we take her to the potty after meals and snacks, before and after nap, and before and after bedtime. We're going to try that consistantly for a week or so and then start taking her a little more in between those scheduled times as well. We've been rewarding her when she asks to use the potty, when she sits on the potty and then have been giving her a double reward if she actually goes potty. It's actually working! I've had no clue how to even start with this and even after reading articles and books, I still didn't know how to go about it...especially since every child is so different. I guess the trick has been to actually get it started then it'll seem easier after that. I'm sure you'll be hearing success stories and not so successful stories through this whole learning process for both Kyla and us as parents but we are so proud of her and her learning and growing up to be such a sweet little girl!
GO KYLA...we can do this!


4 comments:
Good for you guys. I hope it goes well! Potty training isn't gonna reach the top of my to-do list until about June, so hopefully you'll be full of knowledge and helpful tips by then. :0)
YAY! KYLA!!! Good job! Lizzy is starting to show a little bit of interest.. well actually a little MORE i should say but hasn't actually accomplished anything yet!! I'm slowly working with her, encouraging her, but of course going to let her go at her own pace!! So we'll see.. But that's awesome for you!! Congrats!!!!!!!! :)
Bravery becomes you, Aimee! Good luck, and good riddance to diapers :)
And I agree with Charlotte-- take notes, because one glorious day, I also will need them, haha!
I remember i was bribed with a batman car and stickers when I was potty trained. Reward helps. Good luck! ^_^
Post a Comment