Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Love Bird Tag




1. Where did you and your husband meet?

We both took a singing class at BYU-Idaho. Hyrum asked me out during finals week and I said yes. We became really great friends right off the bat!

2. First thing you said to each other.
I was actually the first one to say something I think. We were in our singing class and he just got done singing a solo. I turned around when he sat down and I said, "I LOVE your voice! You're so good!" (Or something really close to that) Then he smiled and said, "Thanks."

3. What was your first date?
Our first date was so awesome! After he picked me up we went into the Snow building on BYU-Idaho campus and found a grand piano that was open. Since we both play piano and write music, we played a couple songs for each other that we wrote previously. Then we decided that we wanted to write one together! We wrote it in about 40 min or so. It was the best song! (click HERE to listen) Then we picked up one of his friends and we all went to a cookout. It was great!

4. Where was your first kiss?
It was on top of the hill by the water tower. When there wasn't any houses built up there, there was a look out. It was raining so our first kiss and Hyrum's first EVER kiss was outside in the rain! How romantic....sigh.

5. Long or short courtship/engagement?
Pretty short over all! We were friends for 5 1/2 months (now when I say friends I mean Hyrum was chasing me wanting to be more than friends and I was running because I didn't want to be more than friends!), dated officially for 3 weeks and then were engaged for 4 1/2 months.

6. Where did you get engaged?
It was on Hyrum's birthday so I wasn't even expecting it! Hyrum took me to the recital hall of the snow building where there was some music on the grand piano. The lights were shining on the piano too. We sat down and he played a song he wrote for me. In the chorus, it said, "Amiee, will you be my bride?" (If you want to see the lyrics of the whole song let me know and I'll post them or something.) After the whole song, he got out the beautiful ring, proposed and then handed me a dozen roses! It was so amazing and so perfect.

7. Where were you married?
One of my very favorite temples--Portland Oregon Temple.

8. Where did you honeymoon?
We went to Las Vegas! It was so fun to be able to walk around and see all the cool things. It's a really neat place if you ignore all the filth. :)

2 comments:

The Clews Crew said...

Amiee, your wedding picture is gorgeous. I love it. And I just can't get over how much Kyla is growing up lately. Today at church I looked at her and she's not a little baby anymore, she's a toddler. And such a cutie, of course.

The Clews Crew said...

Sorry, and I wanted to tell you that I love your blog background. So cute!